Monday, March 16, 2009

Behind the Scenes of "Warm Puppy" Review


The first restaurant review for Uptake was launched last week. I was as excited as a New Jersey cougar getting her first Bon Jovi tattoo. So far, I've eaten in more restaurants than I've reviewed, but don't worry IRS, I'm saving the receipts for you!

I'm going to give my Blogger Queen fans the "behind the scenes" so you'll know every little secret.

So, here's the first secret:

First Secret

I fucked up already. I didn't research any of my facts, I just wrote what I remembered. Total surprise, I got a bunch of things wrong. I hate facts, they remind me of math. I cannot be expected to fall inside or outside black and white, I just like to hover around grey. Here is an email I received shortly after the launch:

"Read your review of the Warm Puppy with great interest. Loved it. but wanted to correct a couple of inaccuracies...no "t" in SCHULZ. Also, Sparky's office wasn't upstairs, he worked in his studio across the street. The management offices were upstairs, and technically he had an office, but if he was at the rink he was either eating, playing hockey, or watching his daughters figure skate.
He usually started the morning with a light breakfast, and then would come back for lunch (usually driving/sometimes walking). After lunch he would frequently drive over to Coddingtown,buy a single scoop vanilla ice cream cone and then browse books at "books etc" and buy a book or two to add to his huge library.
(Avid reader). If there's any more you want to know, I'll be happy to share. Sparky was a dear friend, and I grew very close to him and his family.
LOVED your review...I still get a very warm feeling when I'm drinking hot chocolate with whipped cream from the warm puppy."


Second Secret

I looked like an idiot sitting there in the Warm Puppy cafe, by myself, taking pictures of a half eaten breakfast wrap. I realized after I ate a few bites that it would have been more appetizing had I not shoved it down my gullet before I snapped the pictures. I almost bought another one, but I didn't want people to think I have an eating disorder.

Third Secret

The person named "barbara" who commented on the restaurant blog ... yah, that's my mom. It doesn't matter how old I get, my mom still embarrasses me.

My new job is pretty fun, but telling you guys about it is even better.

photo credit: MTVnews

14 comments:

  1. For shame!

    I can empathize with feeling like a solitary idiot taking pictures of my food. Been there, done that. Many times. Now I have a Flip Video, so I will look even stranger and more desperate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your new Bon Jovi tatoo......

    ReplyDelete
  3. No worries.
    Hovering around grey is how the masters do it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd consider that a very nice email. :) Love your writing style and taste in music. Bon Jovi rocks. But I question your judgement in tatoos. Just glad your husband is secure with it.... I'd get tired of seeing my wife/girlfriend walking around with someone elses name stamped on their rear. Just kidding, I know that's not your butt. (Smile) Is it Wendy?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate facts, they remind me of math. If that doesn't need to be on a t-shirt, I don't know what does.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This T-shirt thing is taking off. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Intrep- Thanks for the compliments and welcome to BQ! No, that's not Wendy, but I think she does have one. I'll have to find out what it is.

    Summer - T-shirts! I keep thinking about T-shirts Do you really think I should have some made. I think its time for another poll.

    EVERYONE - Don't you love this picture? I wonder two things: 1) does she snap off one of those dragon nails in her tight jeans for this picture and 2) What does the rest of her look like?

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have already seen my rabbit tatoo...oh, that's right it had jumped back in the hole that day. maybe we'll try it again. btw, i knew some of your info was misguided about good ol' sparky, but it was still a good review.
    i might have to get a new tatoo:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think we all need to go together and get tattoos!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wendy - I think we should just get t-shirts that LOOK like tattoos.

    Gina - It's okay, I'm really comfortable in my wrongness. Actually, its just another one of my charming quirks. And about that rabbit, perhaps you should get a bat the "flies down the cave"!

    ReplyDelete
  11. good idea...i have some others...we shall chat.
    i love your quirkiness. it makes me feel like i am not alone:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm kind of embarrassed you printed my stupid email, but that's what I get for being a pathological "fact straightener-outer". Love your blog and it's "edginess". You are hilarious and I dig your writing style.
    Brad

    ReplyDelete
  13. Brad - We shall name you "The Great Corrector" and whenever I have any fact checking for my reviews, I shall send them off for your Correctness. Because I suffer from Severe Overt Wrongnes ("SOW")

    ReplyDelete
  14. greetings to all.
    I would first like to thank the writers of this blog by sharing information, a few years ago I read a book called costa rica investment in this book deal with questions like this one.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.