Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The Most Important Video of the Year

I was at a party recently and announced that I would perform an egg trick. Its amazing. Its perfect. Its going to change the way you think about hard boiled eggs. What is also amazing is how horrible I look in this video. I swear to God, I don't know who put the ugly lens on my video camera, but I should sue somebody. At least I'm wearing my Obama shirt.

Its alarming because I walk around feeling okay about myself most of the time. I sometimes even feel sort of pretty. Then the veil of denial is lifted when I see a picture of myself and I think "What the hell? Is that what I look like when I'm not posing in front of the mirror?" Because let's face it, who looks into the mirror without just a little pose? I've caught everyone doing it, especially at the gym. We suck in our guts, throw out our chests, and perhaps give our hair a little lusty toss. But you and I don't really look that good. We look like this video. Plain and ordinary. Like I said, at least I'm wearing my Obama shirt.

2 comments:

  1. You make it look sooooo easy! Meanwhile I look like Louis Armstrong on a bad day, and with no shelled egg to show for it. All to the mocking delight of the three boys in the household, of course. But I will not give up, not in these days of hope.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could blow like that!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.