Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Team T.W.A.T.

I’ve won! Our triathlon team will be named something completely inappropriate, crude, childish, and perhaps even sexist!

TOUGH WOMEN ARE TRIATHLETES (T.W.A.T.)

Yes. That’s right, we’re the TWAT’s and I’m proud to be a member. You see, a name like The TWATs will weed out any sissies who might mistakenly believe that this group is just a bunch of really nice mommies out for some good clean exercise and female bonding.

Shirts and shorts being printed for our team and they are so wonderful and bad-ass I cannot believe they’ll be here soon!!!!! We’ll have lots of extras to sell to our fan base which I’m expecting will be HUGE. My husband, for example, is one big TWAT supporter. Actually, I’m thinking he should be the official Athletic TWAT Supporter. Lord knows I need one.

We’re going to have player names too. For instance, I’m going to be Big Red because my hair is red. I’m trying to talk G into being Monkey (you should read her hilarious comments under Deserted Island List). Don’t even get me started on our leg warmers and matching headbands!

Watch out world – the TWATs are coming!

3 comments:

  1. yes, yes, you won - and rightly so. I have showed the shirt designs to several potential wearers, and it is only the men who can't believe that we would do anything that crude. these are obviously men who do NOT know us very well! given time, i am certian that we could have come up with something FAR more offensive than this! I love it. i think i might like my name to be Harry,or maybe Muffy, or how about Drippy or Stanky - I mean if we are going to offend, let's go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a coindence my husband is a TWAT supporter too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Set the scene: Class Posting Night. Other Mommies asking me about the previous Tri and when are we all going to do one together. "Oh, it was GREAT!" I say, "And we are getting a group of us together to do it. But if you want to hang with the fun Mommies, be prepared to buy the shirt and wear the logo!" "Huh?" they say. Then I tell them all, one by one- on the school playground- about the TWATS. Some laughed a nervous laugh, husbands were shocked that could be so vile, especially in such close proximaty to our kids! And, then one by one, they asked if they can still have a shirt even if they don't run. One husband even finally come around ans asked if we wanted the logo etched on a wine bottle. Would that make it TWAT juice? I think we may have to pass on that one! God, I hope my mom never reads this blog!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.